The 2020 Cenla Duck Derby is being held for the benefit of The Rapides Exploratory Educational House Children’s Museum, doing business as T.R.E.E. House Children’s Museum (or “T.R.E.E. House”), a charitable organization as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All rules apply to the Cenla Duck Derby main race and the Kids Duck Derby race unless separately addressed.
1. Ducks will be launched on a land Water Slide in Alexandria, LA on Saturday, September 7, 2019. The race course will be approximately 100 ft in length or as established by T.R.E.E. HOUSE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM’s Fundraising Committee (“the Committee”). The Committee reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to postpone and/or reschedule the event. The Committee shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, or inconvenience which may result by any such postponement or rescheduling of the Cenla Duck Derby.
2. All ducks entered will be provided by and shall remain the property of T.R.E.E. HOUSE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM (“the Agency”). All ducks entered in the “Kids Duck Derby” race are the property of the purchaser and will be returned to the purchaser at the end of the race. The purchasers name will be written on the bottom of the duck at the time of purchase. Only the ducks purchased with the Kids name written on the bottom by a committee member will be eligible for the race.
3. Once the ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted. The race course will close fifteen (15) minutes after the first duck has crossed the finish line. Any duck finishing after that fifteen (15) minute time period will not be eligible for prizes. The ducks will be raced in heats, the quantity of each heat and number of heats will be determined by the “committee” prior to the event based on the number of total duck adopted. The first 5 ducks of each heat to cross the finish line will be collected. These 5 ducks from each heat will be raced in a final heat to then determine the winners. The Total number in the final heat will not exceed 100 ducks. Total number of ducks collected from each heat will be determined based on the number of heats and decided by the ‘committee’. The “Kids Duck Derby” will be race in heats based on how many ducks are sold. Each heat will have the three (3) winners and will they will be announced at that time. The winners of the heat will not compete in a final heat.
4. A number will be written on each duck numbered 0001 to 5000 these numbers are randomly assigned to the number on the sold entry ticket. Multiple duck entries will be assigned a different duck identification number for each duck entry. Prize(s) will be awarded to the person whose name appears on the entry ticket in the order the corresponding duck crosses the finish line on the final heat race. Prizes will be posted on the day of the Cenla Duck Derby at the site of the event and on the Cenladuckderby.com website no later than 24 hours after the event. Prizes are non-transferable. The ducks for the “Kids Duck Derby” will have the child’s name and a heat number (1) or (2) written on the bottom of the duck at the time of purchase. The child is then responsible for bringing their duck to the start of the race and collecting their duck at the end of their heat race. The Committee is not responsible for ducks not entered at the beginning of the race or not picked up at the end of the race.
5. The Committee reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
6. The Cenla Duck Derby 1st place winner will receive $1,000 (one thousand dollars). The 2nd place winner will receive $750 (seven hundred – fifty dollars). The 3rd place winner will receive $500 (five hundred dollars). Other places will be rewarded based on the number of sponsor’s donating items, gift cards and/or services. A full prize list will be posted on the Cenla Duck Derby website. The “Kids Duck Derby” prizes for each age division (1-4, 5-8, 9-12) is 1st place winner will receive a Free Birthday Party at the T.R.E.E. House Children’s Museum and a Museum T-Shirt. The 2nd Place winner will receive T.R.E.E. House Children’s Museum family pass, museum logo merchandise. The 3rd Place winner will receive T.R.E.E. House Children’s Museum logo merchandise.
7. To be eligible for prizes, the entry portion of each entry ticket must be completed in its entirety and actually received by the Committee no later than 2:00 p.m. on Friday, September 4, 2020 for pre-sales. Entry tickets may be sold at the event if all ducks are not adopted prior to the start of the event. If entry tickets are sold after September 4, 2020 it will be by a committee member only and only these tickets will be accepted after presale event ends September 4, 2020 at 2:00pm. No other tickets are eligible to win any prize. For a duck entry sale, only one confirmation is required. For multiple duck entry sales, a separate entry ticket must be completed for each duck.
8. The price to enter and to purchase an entry ticket(s) are as follows: one (1) for $5; Five (5) for $20; Twenty-five (25) for $100. Not all participating locations will offer these multiple entry purchase discounts. Discounted entry ticket(s) will only be offered by a Committee Member as a “Special Sale”. The “Kids Duck Derby” entry tickets will only be sold on the day of the event by the Committee.
9. Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the Cenla Duck Derby at approximately 1:45 p.m. Entrants do not need to be present to be eligible for prizes. Winners will, if necessary, be notified by Unites States mail or by telephone. A list of Cenla Duck Derby winners may be obtained from T.R.E.E. HOUSE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM by sending a written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope to T.R.E.E. HOUSE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM, 1403 3rd Street, Alexandria, LA, 71301, within ten (10) days following the race. If any race winner does not claim his or her prize from the agency within ninety (90) days of the Cenla Duck Derby, the prizes will be forfeited and returned to the donating organization and/or used for a lawful purpose in the sole and absolute discretion of the Committee.
10. No cash equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes. Any and all taxes and similar fees on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
11. By completing and purchasing an entry ticket(s), entrants release T.R.E.E. HOUSE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM and its members, agents, employees, volunteers, board member, and other related entities, including from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
12. By completing and returning an entry ticket(s), winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without compensation.
13. Chances of winning a prize(s) depend on the total number of qualified entries. The event is being conducted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Louisiana and is void where prohibited by law. Individual ticket purchases are not tax deductible according to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
14. T.R.E.E. HOUSE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM will utilize its Fundraiser Committee, consisting of not less than five (5) persons, who will have the responsibility of the presentation and completion of the Cenla Duck Derby. The Committee will make all final decisions and interpretations of these rules and regulations in its sole and absolute discretion.
15. Employees and members of the agency’s Board of Directors, and their immediate families, are not eligible to win the top three prizes of the Duck Derby and Kids Duck Derby. Winners have the burden to prove eligibility.